While in town, don’t miss the chance to discover the surroundings and all everything that the village can offer you through authentic experiences in true Smartway style!
While you are working in Santo Stefano, why not take advantage of some of the authentic experiences to discover the unspoiled countryside of Gran Sasso National Park and the art & craft of the rural tradition.
What can you do?
Food, Drink and Local life
- High- Altitude PicNic: Visit the fortress of Rocca calascio and picnic outdoor. In the wicker basket and olive branches woven by local craftman: water, wine, bread, ham, salami, cheese, oil, honey, fruit and mint.
- Tea-Room experience: Inside the Tea Room of the Village you can taste herbal teas made with local herbs and an array of healt producing teas made from non-native plants too. The handmade cakes are made in the traditional way in an original bakery of Santo Stefano di Sessanio. Don’t miss the “Grandma snack”, cookies and products of pastry in addition to handmade dessert.
- Guided tours with tasting in local farms and wineries
- Traditional cooking workshop: A two-hours course, getting to know our Chef and cooking utensils, preparing of dishes using local ingredients and subsequent dinner.
- Bread making: With the help of a local housewife, you will prepare the mixture for pizza and bread that you will cook in an authentic wood-burning oven.
- Pastry making workshop: A “sweet” lesson of few hours to learn how to realize small cakes and typical cookies of Abruzzo, such as ” ferratelle”, milk biscuits, and “ciambellini” cooked in an authentic wood-burning oven.
- Truffle hunting: A guided walk and hunting for black truffles with an expert local truffle hunter and his trained dogs. This experience can be conbined with a cooking class.
- Weaving workshop: Try your hand at making cloth with our ancient techniques and instruments. After a short introduction in the weaving art, with Gianna have made original cloth.
- Canoeing on Tirino River: it’s the best way to relax both your mind and body. Clear waters, rich vegetation and a charming wildlife will be your companions in this fantastic journey.
- Horseback riding: 3 hours horseback ride along the Aterno Valley, just few kms away from Santo Stefano di Sessanio.
- Eno-bike tour: Biking tour along the paths of Wine and typical Mountain products. This excursion gives an opportunity to get a close view of the area around Santo Stefano, and taste some of its wines and other typical products.
Trekking and excursions
- Guided excursions of Gran Sasso National Park
- Walking tour of the village
- Trekking and hiking
All the experiences are arranged with previous booking. Email us to book your favorite ones!